In SFM Grade 10, we teach a more segmented type Breaststroke where the arms complete the pull cycle into a streamlined position. Then the swimmer does the breaststroke kick, ending in a three count glide.
– In SFM Grade 11, we teach them to synchronize the recovery of the arms with the push back part of the breaststroke kick, ending in a streamlined glide, before beginning the cycle of Pull-Breathe-Kick-Glide again.
– This is a fun way to teach the student to begin sychronizing the stroke.
TODAY WAS ANGUS’S LAST LESSON AT WATERSAFE SWIM SCHOOL. He is moving to Boston. Angus… I (Ginny) am really going to miss you. You’re a great kid – I wish you great success.
LONG MAY YOU SWIM! Keep in touch!
There are several benefits of baby swimming which make infant swimming lessons a favorite choice of parents. Here are our top reasons why we believe that early baby swimming is a life-long benefit for the children.
1. Develop Confidence: An early introduction to water environment will help eliminate fear of water in the infants. Baby swimming lessons play an active role in increasing water confidence in the babies and young children. They also interact with peers during these swimming lessons and learn to deal with them. These kids develop a strong sense of self-worth & confidence, and they become strong contributors to the society.
2. Develop Life Saving Skills: Swimming instructors teach vital safety techniques to the kids and they grow up equipped with life-saving aquatic skills.
3. Develop Co-ordination and Strength: Swimming helps to build muscles and maintain better body coordination leading to strong body muscles, lungs and heart. It is good for improving physical and mental health of children.
4. Improve Baby’s Appetite: Swimming exercise and fun helps to make your baby hungry and improve their appetite.
5. Special Bond between Parents and Children: Swimming together deepens emotional bonds and a feeling of connection between parents and their children.
Don’t delay. Start your baby swimming lessons early for lifelong benefits! Watersafe Swim School in Los Alamitos and Seal Beach is the best place for “Parents and Young Families” to swim, learn and grow together.
Learning to swim will be a wonderful journey for your baby! Need more information? Give us a call today to schedule a meeting: (562)596-8608.
Keep one goggle underwater during the breath
– BEGIN TEACHING THIS A.S.A.P. Explain the need in Grade 7/8.
Insist on this posture in Advanced Grade 8 (8+) and Precompetitive Level 1 & beyond.
– As long as we are teaching them the lateral,
horizontal posture for QUICK BREATH RECOVERY, we should begin teaching this concept & requirement to breathe with an “UNDERWATER EYE.”
– Students MUST have a perfectly flat, horizontal head positioning in WARRIOR KICK POSITION, before turning for an “Underwater Eye” Quick Breath.
– RECOMMENDATION: Novice students should initially practice this with fins. Effective, powerful kicking elevates the body horizontally,
making “UNDERWATER EYE” Quick Breathing possible and easier to do.
– NOTICE: He is unable to do the “Underwater Eye” Drill correctly, if he is looking forward.
– NOTICE: She is looking down correctly in WARRIOR, so she is able to keep one goggle under the water when rotating for an “Underwater Eye” Quick Breath