* This is a test to see if 4 year old Landon is able to do No-Breath Sticky Arms and Flutter Kicking independently. Most of his lesson involves “Hands-On” instruction with a teacher in the pool. * Landon has improved his “No-Breath Sticky/Switch High Arms” and head positioning. Before adding Breath Recovery, he must still… Continue reading Smart Fish Method No-Breath Freestyle, Stopping to Take Breaths Between Sets
There are several benefits of baby swimming which make infant swimming lessons a favorite choice of parents. Here are our top reasons why we believe that early baby swimming is a life-long benefit for the children. 1. Develop Confidence: An early introduction to water environment will help eliminate fear of water in the infants. Baby… Continue reading Early Swimming Benefits
* When back floating a baby, simply hold the baby’s head allowing the body to float freely and naturally in the water. This can be accomplished with the inflatable Baby Neck Float Ring * By only supporting the head (by hand or with the ring) to protect against unexpected submersion, the newborn baby is able… Continue reading Smart Fish Method Baby Neck Float Rings – should we or should we not use these?
There are 7 steps to doing the Swim~Float~Swim SEAL skill. Learn the first 4 steps in Grade 1 & 2: – STEP 1: LAUNCH – STEP 2: SWIM – STEP 3: ROLL-OVER FRONT TO BACK – STEP 4: BACK FLOAT Then learn the last 3 steps in Grade 3: – STEP 5: ROLL-OVER BACK TO… Continue reading Smart Fish Method Charlotte #1: Grade 3 Sea Lion Tips
This drill promotes perfect long-axis rotation.
The STRONG SIDE is the PULLING SIDE Other videos have been made of this, but we recently decided that it is easier for the students to understand this drill, if you tell them to push off with both arms down by their legs, in the head-lead, SFM “Soldier” position.
1. Push off in “Soldier Position” … both arms down by the legs … head-leading flutter kick.
2. Do two full strokes with your right arm, stop down by the leg again, turn and breathe on the right.
3. THEN… Do this on the left side.
Here at Waterside Swim School we teach the world renowned Smartfish Method. We offer private, group and competitive swim education to all ages. Our Method is constantly evolving with the newest technology and swim related research. Our specialty is the art of baby swimming and safety, but our Method is designed to accommodate all ages, even adults. We take great pride in what we do here and love showing the world the priceless gift of knowing how to swim.
Swimming is one of the most famous sports that offer physical fitness with lots of fun. All athletes strive to give their best performance and good nutrition is a key for that athletic success. Swimmer’s body needs good eating habits to stay fit, healthy with high energy levels. Here are some super foods for swimmers:… Continue reading Healthy Tips for Swimmers
KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR GRADE 6: (A necessity for most 2 and 3 year olds) It is acceptable to SKIP the WD #2 and #3 drills. WARRIOR KICK allows the swimmer to reset his head and kick position in case breath recovery has altered it. WARRIOR DRILL #1: Warrior Kick with Quick Breaths * FUN… Continue reading Smart Fish Method Grade 6 WD #1 & #4 Same SIde breathing, every 2 strokes