* WARRIOR DRILL #1 Left Side ~ Right Side * WARRIOR ROCK & ROLL Left Side ~ Right Side * Grade 6.8 WARRIOR FREESTYLE Warrior Double Switch Freestyle with same-side Quick Breaths * Grade 8 WARRIOR FREESTYLE (rarely done with students this young) Warrior Triple Switch Freestyle with Alternate Quick Breaths For More Baby… Continue reading Smart Fish Method Mr. Greg’s 2 year old Grade 6.8 Pool Prodigy
* This is a test to see if 4 year old Landon is able to do No-Breath Sticky Arms and Flutter Kicking independently. Most of his lesson involves “Hands-On” instruction with a teacher in the pool. * Landon has improved his “No-Breath Sticky/Switch High Arms” and head positioning. Before adding Breath Recovery, he must still… Continue reading Smart Fish Method No-Breath Freestyle, Stopping to Take Breaths Between Sets
* When back floating a baby, simply hold the baby’s head allowing the body to float freely and naturally in the water. This can be accomplished with the inflatable Baby Neck Float Ring * By only supporting the head (by hand or with the ring) to protect against unexpected submersion, the newborn baby is able… Continue reading Smart Fish Method Baby Neck Float Rings – should we or should we not use these?
Smart Fish Method Stroke level students and pre-comp swimmers (who have mastered Warrior Freeestyle) should do a proper streamline push- off from the wall at the start of every lap. – Horizontal posture, – Arms reaching, – Head down and flat. – Strong Kick (except Breaststroke) This needs to become a habit for them, so… Continue reading Streamline Break Out Instruction
The yellow band is being used to keep the student’s lead arm extended during breath recovery. – Attaching the head to the arm with the yellow band does not allow the separate rotation of the head & causes the student to roll to her back and stall or scissor her kick. – However, SFM 6.0… Continue reading Smart Fish Method Freestyle Breath Recovery
This student is 27 months old. – We need to teach the students HOW TO PLAY at the stairs, without the castles. – We can still work on their skills like BACK KICKING with their hands on their belly., – It means we must accept their need and decision to sit-up from a back… Continue reading Smart Fish Method U Turns & Play Time at the steps, Grade 4
This drill promotes perfect long-axis rotation.
The STRONG SIDE is the PULLING SIDE Other videos have been made of this, but we recently decided that it is easier for the students to understand this drill, if you tell them to push off with both arms down by their legs, in the head-lead, SFM “Soldier” position.
1. Push off in “Soldier Position” … both arms down by the legs … head-leading flutter kick.
2. Do two full strokes with your right arm, stop down by the leg again, turn and breathe on the right.
3. THEN… Do this on the left side.
Here at Waterside Swim School we teach the world renowned Smartfish Method. We offer private, group and competitive swim education to all ages. Our Method is constantly evolving with the newest technology and swim related research. Our specialty is the art of baby swimming and safety, but our Method is designed to accommodate all ages, even adults. We take great pride in what we do here and love showing the world the priceless gift of knowing how to swim.