– If you’re happy and you know it, splash your hands. If you’re happy and you know it, splash your hands. If you’re happy and you know it, then you’ll really want to show it. If you’re happy and you know it, splash your hands.
– Lean back on the water, on the water. Lean back on the water, on the water.
– If you’re happy and you know it, kick your feet. If you’re happy and you know it, kick you’re feet. If you’re happy and you know it, then you’ll really want to show it. If youre happy and you know it kick you’re feet…
– Lean back on the water, on the water. Lean back on the water, on the water. Lean back on the water, just like a sea otter. Lean back on the water, on the water.
– EVERYONE COME BACK TO THE CASTLE.. EVERYONE PUT YOUR HANDS UP:
– If you’re happy and you know it, give High Fives. If you’re happy and you know it, give High Fives. If you’re happy and you know it, then you’ll really want to show it. If you’re happy and you know it, give High Fives. YAY !
Come join Baby Swimming Lessons, here you’ll experience the joy of seeing your children have fun as their confidence grows and they learn lifelong swimming skills.
What an incredible event! Such an amazing effort put out by all of our Athletes of all ages. Even the Parents earned them selves some praise running along side their little ones through the whole course. Congratulations everyone!
Huge thank you to our Presentation Sponsor ABC Swimming Pool Supply Products. They’ve been great partners and friends of Watersafe for many years. Highly recommend using them for all your pool supply needs: abcswimmingpoolproducts.com
And please patronize all of our Amazing Sponsors whom, without their support, this event would not be possible!
ABC Swimming Pool Supply
Southland Credit Union
The Original Fish Company
Brew Kitchen Ale House
Glazed Donut Bar
Dream Dinners Fountain Valley
Be sure to like, comment, and share you favorite photos. And stay tuned for MIGHTY TRI 2018!
* WARRIOR DRILL #1
Left Side ~ Right Side
* WARRIOR ROCK & ROLL
Left Side ~ Right Side
* Grade 6.8 WARRIOR FREESTYLE
Warrior Double Switch Freestyle with same-side Quick Breaths
* Grade 8 WARRIOR FREESTYLE (rarely done with students this young)
Warrior Triple Switch Freestyle with Alternate Quick Breaths
For More Baby Swimming Videos Click Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgoTjEg8Ig9uqzZBXkUcpw
* This is a test to see if 4 year old Landon is able to do No-Breath Sticky Arms and Flutter Kicking independently. Most of his lesson involves “Hands-On” instruction with a teacher in the pool.
* Landon has improved his “No-Breath Sticky/Switch High Arms” and head positioning. Before adding Breath Recovery, he must still improve his kick so that he kicks non-stop with long legs (using his whole leg to move the water.)
* These sets of No-Breath High Arms can be done between platforms, from the teacher to the wall (or steps), across a shallow pool (standing up when needing to breathe), or across a deep pool, near the wall or lane line, so that the student is able to stop and hang on the wall or lane line to breathe, before doing the next set of No-Breath High Arms.
* Smart Fish Method students learn Freestyle AFTER mastering a confident Kick & Roll Swim with lateral breath recovery.
* STEP 1: teach proper Swim Breathing (exhale out the nose underwater, inhale one single breath through the mouth above the water.) Progress from this to lateral Quick Breath Swim-Breathing.
* STEP 2: work on kick and head positioning: SWORDFISH KICK … LONG WARRIOR KICK.
* STEP 3: Logan does a GREAT WARRIOR PUSH-OFF START off the steps. Landon was taught to begin the drill in Long Warrior Kick position: “One arm forward, one arm back – head down.”
* STEP 4: N0-Breath Sticky Arms … swim an achievable distance without a breath focusing only on Sticky/Switch High Arms, Legs, and head positioning.
* STEP 5: Review Swim-Breathing and lateral Quick Breathing
* STEP 6: Long Warrior with lateral Quick Breathing
* STEP 7 through 11… SFM Grade 8 Long Warrior Freestyle drills with arms, legs, and lateral Quick Breathing.
—-Notice that even a slight elevation of Logan’s head compromises his ability to do the drill. Youngsters have proportionately large heads, so it affects their swim posture more than an that of an adult.
— Notice that Logan began and ended his second lap of this drill in Long Warrior Kick position. “Good work Landon… you didn’t even need your teacher to remind you to do that.”
For More Baby Swimming Videos Please Visit Here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SwimWatersafe
*. The Puddle Jumpers (under the hips & under the hands) can be clipped together, so that the students are more easily drilled and taught at the same time, as a semi-private.
*. Notice where the students have their right arms positioned on the puddle jumpers that are under their hips, so that they are not able to do the typical extra dog paddle pull while rotating to breathe.
* When the hips and arm are “forced” to be elevated to the surface like this, it influences the head position to be flatter, It is more comfortable to do it correctly.
*. These Grade 7/8 students have already been taught to do the first drills of this series (Swordfish Kick, Warrior Kick, & Quick Swim-Breathing. Otherwise, this drill would be more difficult.
For More Watersafe Swim School Youtube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/SwimWatersafe
* When back floating a baby, simply hold the baby’s head allowing the body to float freely and naturally in the water. This can be accomplished with the inflatable Baby Neck Float Ring
* By only supporting the head (by hand or with the ring) to protect
against unexpected submersion, the newborn baby is able to experience “the motion of the ocean” and organically move his limbs and torso more easily than on land.
*. The Neck Float Ring is an acceptable floating device suited for babies until about 4 months, since it mimics the same hold that a parent or teacher uses to support the baby’s head.
Watersafe Swim School in Los Alamitos and Seal Beach is “the best place for parents-to-be, new parents and young families to swim, learn and grow together”. Learning to swim is wonderful journey for your baby! Need more information about improving your child’s confidence through kids swimming lessons? Contact Our Swim Instructors!
Here is a fun use for the OPEN CASTLE. There are many reasons to keep this castle from being used as a tunnel for Parent-Tot class. Let’s keep it in the pool …. Let’s figure out some fun and productive ways to use it. The Parent-Tot tunnel can be created with the dice blocks, fish picture, and the green & yellow float to hold it down on top of the dice blocks.
* IN FACT… let’s figure out activities that utilize this castle for Parent-Tot.
It is an established fact that swimming is one of the best exercises for all of us irrespective of our age group. We also know that infants generally like to play in and around water, no matter where you find it – in a bucket, bowl, tub, sink or a pool. Realizing these aspects, more and more parents wish to pursue swimming with their babies not just to maintain good physical fitness but also because it is a great fun thing and helps to strengthen family bonds. Probably this is the reason that infant swimming lessons are always in very high demand.
As your babies learn to swim, their muscles get strengthened and show better coordination. Infants who practice swimming with their parents and instructors show higher level of self confidence and social experience. You have to be a responsible and caring parent for your child to develop and prosper in life.
While infant swimming lessons are immensely helpful to our kids, there are many other benefits accrue to your baby like basic swimming skills and water safety skills. You must play swimming pool games and activities like Mermaid Races, Shark in the Pool, Ping Pong, Treasure Hunt, Macro Polo, etc. to help your child to enjoy and to learn certain independent strokes in the water.
All the while, steer them towards the positives so to reinforce their confidence. After your positive praise your child will feel good inside and also feel sense of achievement and self confidence. Avoid to use negative words for them and just tell them “What they are doing good and what they should be doing to swim better”.
Why Choose Watersafe Swim School?
Since 1971, Swim Instructors at Watersafe Swim School have been teaching generation of Los Alamitos and Seal Beach families the life saving skill and joy of swimming. We have certified lifeguards for you. For more information, visit http://www.watersafe.com. Give us a call to schedule swim classes: 1-855-WSS-SWIM.
Happy Swimming to Everyone!