– If you’re happy and you know it, splash your hands. If you’re happy and you know it, splash your hands. If you’re happy and you know it, then you’ll really want to show it. If you’re happy and you know it, splash your hands.
– Lean back on the water, on the water. Lean back on the water, on the water.
– If you’re happy and you know it, kick your feet. If you’re happy and you know it, kick you’re feet. If you’re happy and you know it, then you’ll really want to show it. If youre happy and you know it kick you’re feet…
– Lean back on the water, on the water. Lean back on the water, on the water. Lean back on the water, just like a sea otter. Lean back on the water, on the water.
– EVERYONE COME BACK TO THE CASTLE.. EVERYONE PUT YOUR HANDS UP:
– If you’re happy and you know it, give High Fives. If you’re happy and you know it, give High Fives. If you’re happy and you know it, then you’ll really want to show it. If you’re happy and you know it, give High Fives. YAY !
Come join Baby Swimming Lessons, here you’ll experience the joy of seeing your children have fun as their confidence grows and they learn lifelong swimming skills.
What an incredible event! Such an amazing effort put out by all of our Athletes of all ages. Even the Parents earned them selves some praise running along side their little ones through the whole course. Congratulations everyone!
Huge thank you to our Presentation Sponsor ABC Swimming Pool Supply Products. They’ve been great partners and friends of Watersafe for many years. Highly recommend using them for all your pool supply needs: abcswimmingpoolproducts.com
And please patronize all of our Amazing Sponsors whom, without their support, this event would not be possible!
ABC Swimming Pool Supply
Southland Credit Union
The Original Fish Company
Brew Kitchen Ale House
Glazed Donut Bar
Dream Dinners Fountain Valley
Be sure to like, comment, and share you favorite photos. And stay tuned for MIGHTY TRI 2018!
The Smart Fish Born-To-Swim Experience can begin with healthy babies once their belly button has healed.
– FREE PRIVATES or PARENT-TOT LESSONS are available… during their first 16 weeks – extra time for Preemies.
– Babies take comfort in wearing WETSUITS. It is easier to hold the baby in the water. They float better. The extra warmth they provide is a side benefit.
– Wrapping a PUZZLE FRAME around the infant’s shoulders like this is useful for back floating.
– Wearing this PUZZLE FRAME is also useful for submersions. It helps prevent the baby from being affected by the Moro Reflex (or Startle Reflex)
– SUBMERSIONS ARE OPTIONAL: However, please do not fear them…
– INITIALLY, we submerge our babies for only 1 to 1.5 seconds.
– Most infants will reflexively hold their breath when submerged to protect their airway & are therefore able to survive short submersions.
– WHY ? Most human babies demonstrate an innate INFANT SWIMMING or DIVING REFLEX from birth until approximately 6 months.
– THE INFANT SWIMMING is the phenomenon of human babies and toddlers reflexively moving themselves through water and changing their rate of respiration and heart rate in response to being submerged.
– DURING THE INFANT DIVING REFLEX, an infant’s heart rate decreases by 20%.
– The slowing of the heart rate and breathing is called BRADYCARDIAN RESPONSE.
– Swimming improves a baby’s coordination & balance. Both are used to swim, float , and manage breath recovery by rolling front to back & vice versa.
– The benefits of baby-friendly infant/toddler swimming are unique, uplifting and contribute to the positive development of whole child.
– Watch them swim… Watch them grow… From infants into champions.
In SFM Grade 10, we teach a more segmented type Breaststroke where the arms complete the pull cycle into a streamlined position. Then the swimmer does the breaststroke kick, ending in a three count glide.
– In SFM Grade 11, we teach them to synchronize the recovery of the arms with the push back part of the breaststroke kick, ending in a streamlined glide, before beginning the cycle of Pull-Breathe-Kick-Glide again.
– This is a fun way to teach the student to begin sychronizing the stroke.
TODAY WAS ANGUS’S LAST LESSON AT WATERSAFE SWIM SCHOOL. He is moving to Boston. Angus… I (Ginny) am really going to miss you. You’re a great kid – I wish you great success.
LONG MAY YOU SWIM! Keep in touch!
* WARRIOR DRILL #1
Left Side ~ Right Side
* WARRIOR ROCK & ROLL
Left Side ~ Right Side
* Grade 6.8 WARRIOR FREESTYLE
Warrior Double Switch Freestyle with same-side Quick Breaths
* Grade 8 WARRIOR FREESTYLE (rarely done with students this young)
Warrior Triple Switch Freestyle with Alternate Quick Breaths
For More Baby Swimming Videos Click Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgoTjEg8Ig9uqzZBXkUcpw
There are several benefits of baby swimming which make infant swimming lessons a favorite choice of parents. Here are our top reasons why we believe that early baby swimming is a life-long benefit for the children.
1. Develop Confidence: An early introduction to water environment will help eliminate fear of water in the infants. Baby swimming lessons play an active role in increasing water confidence in the babies and young children. They also interact with peers during these swimming lessons and learn to deal with them. These kids develop a strong sense of self-worth & confidence, and they become strong contributors to the society.
2. Develop Life Saving Skills: Swimming instructors teach vital safety techniques to the kids and they grow up equipped with life-saving aquatic skills.
3. Develop Co-ordination and Strength: Swimming helps to build muscles and maintain better body coordination leading to strong body muscles, lungs and heart. It is good for improving physical and mental health of children.
4. Improve Baby’s Appetite: Swimming exercise and fun helps to make your baby hungry and improve their appetite.
5. Special Bond between Parents and Children: Swimming together deepens emotional bonds and a feeling of connection between parents and their children.
Don’t delay. Start your baby swimming lessons early for lifelong benefits! Watersafe Swim School in Los Alamitos and Seal Beach is the best place for “Parents and Young Families” to swim, learn and grow together.
Learning to swim will be a wonderful journey for your baby! Need more information? Give us a call today to schedule a meeting: (562)596-8608.
* When back floating a baby, simply hold the baby’s head allowing the body to float freely and naturally in the water. This can be accomplished with the inflatable Baby Neck Float Ring
* By only supporting the head (by hand or with the ring) to protect
against unexpected submersion, the newborn baby is able to experience “the motion of the ocean” and organically move his limbs and torso more easily than on land.
*. The Neck Float Ring is an acceptable floating device suited for babies until about 4 months, since it mimics the same hold that a parent or teacher uses to support the baby’s head.
Watersafe Swim School in Los Alamitos and Seal Beach is “the best place for parents-to-be, new parents and young families to swim, learn and grow together”. Learning to swim is wonderful journey for your baby! Need more information about improving your child’s confidence through kids swimming lessons? Contact Our Swim Instructors!
In education, scaffolding refers to a variety of instructional techniques used to move students progressively toward stronger understanding and, ultimately, greater independence in the learning process. When teaching students to swim, we use the scaffolding techniques to provide successive levels of temporary support that help students become independent and reach higher levels of skill acquisition that they would not be able to achieve without assistance. Like physical scaffolding, the supportive strategies are incrementally removed when they are no longer needed, and the teacher gradually shifts more responsibility over the learning process to the student.
* Learning always precedes from THE KNOWN to THE NEW.
* GOOD TEACHING recognizes and builds on this
* A student learning new skills and concepts is like a carpenter building a house.
* In order to build the house safely and correctly, carpenters needs to stand on scaffolding until they are ready to move on to the next stage of construction.
* The construction of learning starts from the ground up.
* The NEW is built on top of the KNOWN.
* In the learning environment, teachers provide SCAFFOLDING to support the construction of NEW LEARNING for individual and groups of students.
Smart Fish Method Stroke level students and pre-comp swimmers (who have mastered Warrior Freeestyle) should do a proper streamline push- off from the wall at the start of every lap.
– Horizontal posture,
– Arms reaching,
– Head down and flat.
– Strong Kick (except Breaststroke)
This needs to become a habit for them, so that when the teacher or coach explains the next drill, he will not have to remind them to streamline push-off the wall. Typically, the students will focus and remember only the last thing they are told. If that last command is the reminder to streamline off the wall, do not be surprised if all the instructions regarding the drill are completely forgotten.
Therefore, take time to simply teach the streamline and break-out to all SFM stroke school levels. Drill the Skill until it becomes a habit, so that they will not have to be reminded of this requirement in the future.
There is no need to do full laps when first teaching this skill. Notice how the coach uses the kick-stick to insure that the student streamlines long enough.
Teach one thing at a time and add-on the instruction to ahold off on recovering for a breath until after at least the first two or three pulls. Here at Waterside Swim School we teach the world renowned Smartfish Method. We offer private, group and competitive swim education to all ages. Our Method is constantly evolving with the newest technology and swim related research. Our specialty is the art of baby swimming and safety, but our Method is designed to accommodate all ages, even adults. We take great pride in what we do here and love showing the world the priceless gift of knowing how to swim.
Here is a fun use for the OPEN CASTLE. There are many reasons to keep this castle from being used as a tunnel for Parent-Tot class. Let’s keep it in the pool …. Let’s figure out some fun and productive ways to use it. The Parent-Tot tunnel can be created with the dice blocks, fish picture, and the green & yellow float to hold it down on top of the dice blocks.
* IN FACT… let’s figure out activities that utilize this castle for Parent-Tot.