THANK YOU TO MISS CRYSTAL FOR THIS NEW IDEA….
* Use the melody for “Frère Jacques”
* This can replace “The Kids In The Pool” song … (the one using the melody of “Wheels On The Bus”)
* “Where is _________ Where is ________ ? There she is. There she is. Splashy, splashy, splashy. Kickie, Kickie, Kickie… Up and down. Up and down.”
* For the babies who allow the teacher to touch them, the teacher can help them to splash their hands and kick their feet.
* From about 11 months or so, babies like to point, so explain to the parents that the idea of pointing is a natural behavior that can be encouraged.
* This is also a good way to learn the names of the students. Ask parents to repeat their child’s name throughout the class, as you come around to help them teach.
* NEXT SEGMENT: Submersion Instruction & Practice
* NOTE: Before taking a baby under the water, ask the new parent if their child has ever experienced water washing over the face in the bath or shower. If not… the child is not yet ready for submersion in the lesson. Use the pitcher to pour water over the back of head and maybe over the face.
* Homework for new babies who have never experienced water over the face: practice pouring water over the face during bath time before returning the next week.
Visit Here For More Video: https://www.youtube.com/user/SwimWatersafe