Keep one goggle underwater during the breath
– BEGIN TEACHING THIS A.S.A.P. Explain the need in Grade 7/8.
Insist on this posture in Advanced Grade 8 (8+) and Precompetitive Level 1 & beyond.
– As long as we are teaching them the lateral,
horizontal posture for QUICK BREATH RECOVERY, we should begin teaching this concept & requirement to breathe with an “UNDERWATER EYE.”
– Students MUST have a perfectly flat, horizontal head positioning in WARRIOR KICK POSITION, before turning for an “Underwater Eye” Quick Breath.
– RECOMMENDATION: Novice students should initially practice this with fins. Effective, powerful kicking elevates the body horizontally,
making “UNDERWATER EYE” Quick Breathing possible and easier to do.
– NOTICE: He is unable to do the “Underwater Eye” Drill correctly, if he is looking forward.
– NOTICE: She is looking down correctly in WARRIOR, so she is able to keep one goggle under the water when rotating for an “Underwater Eye” Quick Breath