As a Swim Instructor, I have been practicing swimming for more than 25 years in my 40 years of life and I loved it right from my childhood. I feel grateful when I remember my first swimming lesson. At that moment, the water and I merged into one, and a life-long relationship was born. Swimming is one of the most famous physical activities to maintain our soul and body as well as it teaches us so much in life.
Swimming teaches us some significant life lessons:
1. Do Hard Work to Succeed: Every swimming lesson teaches us to work hard for success. One has to work hard to learn various aspects of swimming and practice really hard to achieve success in swimming competitions. Similarly, one has to work hard for things one wants in life.
2. Relax & Patience: Swimmers know how to keep body healthy to win any race. You can’t float unless you relax. In childhood, we learn how to wait patiently to take swimming turn and waiting to take turn is surely good manner that improves over the years.
3. Believe In Yourself: Swimming helps in confidence building. It is absolute confidence in your ability that you achieve targets in swimming. You challenge yourself to go faster and try different strokes.
4. Time Management and Self-Discipline: My day-night swimming practice teaches me how to manage time wisely so that I can have good social life and a successful professional life. It is through self discipline and time management that one can achieve the balance.
5. Good Leadership: Swimmers generally have good team-building skills. We meet new friends and learn to work together, to encourage each other, to communicate and to become good team leaders. We support each other in our professional life as well.
If you like what you’ve read here, please leave your comments. Your suggestions or feedback will be deeply appreciated.