Through this post, we will provide effective tips on how to increase your swimming speed. We sincerely hope our readers will benefit from following tips and advice:
1. Sleep Tight, Swim Fast: Good Sleep is most important for all swimmers to efficiently replenish energy levels of both the brain and the body. Swimmers need 9-10 hours sleep every day to improve their swimming performance. All swimmers must do better time management to get enough sleep as good sleep equals good swimming performance.
2. Plan Your Meals Daily: Swimming for an hour can burn 380 calories to 765 calories depending on the body weight. Healthy diet plan is very important role for your performance in the pool. To increase performance or speed, every swimmer needs a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Make sure that you refuel your body with right food while on regular swimming schedule / training.
3. Workout To Improve Flexibility: Flexibility is most important part of every swimmer’s training because swimming requires a wide range of body movements to achieve maximum power and speed. Work your pecs, lats, shoulders, hamstrings, ankles and hips in the daily exercise routine. Doing 5 to 10 minutes of flexibility workout couple of times every day will yield excellent results.
4. Work On Your Breathing: Good Breathing technique helps to swim fast. When you can breathe as easily in the water as on land, then you can swim faster so focus on both your inhales and your exhales.
5. Powerful Kick: An effective powerful kick reduces your drag and helps to maintain your body rotation. So work on this essential component of swimming to increase speed in the water.
Since 1971, Swim Instructors at Watersafe Swim School have been teaching generation of Los Alamitos and Seal Beach families the life saving skill and joy of swimming. We have certified lifeguards for you. For more information, visit http://www.watersafe.com. Give us a call to schedule swim classes: 1-855-WSS-SWIM.